Monday, May 9, 2011

Slowly...but surely...

It's been too long since I've posted anything.  Sorry about that!  Life is flying by.  So, as you can probably deduce from the title of this blog, getting my book published is coming along slowly but surely.  Right now I am putting the finishing touches on my pitch and doing research on literary agents.  The pitch has to be absolutely perfect, so it is taking several drafts to get there.  It is amazing that one or two words can change the whole pitch.  Make it better, make it worse.  It has gone from good, to almost perfect.  I have a list of several agents who could be a really good fit for me and my book, so right now I am just trying to find out more about each agent.  I've had two conversations with David since my last update and he's been incredibly helpful.  While I'm working on my stuff, he is going to do a line edit on my first chapter.  A line edit is essentially a break down editing of the book (or chapter at this point) sentence by sentence.  So, in the next week, I will hopefully finalize my pitch (and post it for you guys to read!) and have a thorough file on each agent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment