Sunday, February 12, 2012

Quotes from Readers

So here are some quotes from two teenagers and an adult who read My Perfect Little Secret.  I have two more teenagers who are going to read it and I will talk to David next week!
A.R., age 19:

“I would recommend this book…many people could relate.”

“If I read the back of the book in the bookstore and saw soccer, teens, and anything about health and food, I would have bought it.”

“I can relate to so much of this book.”

“It is a book I didn’t want to put down.  It is relatable, but not your typical teen fiction high school drama.”

G.M., age 17:

“It was soooo good.  Literally one of the best books I’ve ever read.”

“My favorite character would probably have to be Lilly.  I could honestly relate to her which easily made her my favorite.”

“I loved this book.  I loved how much I could relate to this book.  I also loved the suspense.  It was a great story that was told so well that I felt like I was there.”

C.M., adult reader:

“The book speaks from the heart of Lilly, allowing the reader to very easily step into her life, to truly experience her journey through sophomore year.”

“Your writing captures the essence of her [Lilly’s] spirit.”

“This story follows a year in the life of a teenage girl with dreams and plans for a very bright future that could possibly, never arrive, all because of an eating disorder.”

 “This book deals with a serious health problem that is prevalent in our society.  In all the right places, your book does not mince words.  It describes precisely the phenomenon of an altered body image.”

“Your book is written from the heart: funny, clever, tragic, inspiring, and full of insight.”

“You write beautifully.”

“This book touched me deeply.”

“I think my favorite message in the book comes from the words of Mrs. Shaffer: “…don’t let this rough patch define who you are.”  I think this is a strong message of hope for all of your readers.”

“The book clearly illustrates that people are human, not perfect; that one cannot go it alone no matter how strong one thinks one is, that friendship and love are beautiful gifts, that asking for and accepting help, through the “rough patches” is sometimes essential.”

No comments:

Post a Comment